Search.io, a leading SaaS search-as-a-service technology, is looking for another inspired, curious, and driven person.
With customers like Lockheed Martin, Sennheiser, Unity, the Australian Government, and Catch.com.au we already have a great foundation, but we are looking for you to help us accelerate our growth even further. If you thrive on innovation and working with people that will challenge you, you’re probably a good fit for us.
The Solutions Engineer will be reporting directly to the Head of Commercial Development, the successful candidate will play a critical role in expanding our footprint and converting prospects into closed sales.
Site search is one of the fastest-growing areas in on-demand cloud services and you will play a key part in further establishing Search.io as a pioneer and leader in this space.
This is a newly created role for Search.io and we are looking for you to become the resident subject matter specialist on Sajari and the products we integrate with. You will partner with Account Executives in qualifying new sales opportunities from a technical and product feature perspective and present Sajari technical solutions and demonstrate the platform in face-to-face meetings and via Web conference tools. We want this person to bring technical savviness to demonstrations and coordinate the technical resources needed to drive a sale, both internally and externally. You will act as an active liaison between the sales team and other departments of Sajari like marketing, product and engineering, communicating the evolving customer requirements in our marketplace.
What we’re ideally looking for…
- 2-4+ years experience in a pre-sales, technical support, or other customer-facing technical position for a SaaS or software company
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A high level of comfort in the dynamic atmosphere of a small technical startup with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think on one’s feet
- Familiarity with basic front and back-end web development, i.e. HTML, CSS, JS, Ruby, Python, C#/.net, etc
- Familiarity with REST APIs.
- Familiarity with Github.
- A results-oriented approach which balances personal ownership with teamwork and collaboration
- Experience configuring and delivering software demonstrations
- Willingness to occasionally travel to customer sites, trade shows, etc. as needed
- eCommerce industry experience (direct eCommerce platform or any related eCommerce applications or platforms (like PIM, Inventory,…etc.))
Very Nice to have…
- Ecommerce industry experience with platforms like Shopify, Neto, BigCommerce, etc
- Experience selling B2B software solutions into targeted accounts
- Experience working with a support team, and product managers
- Familiarity with webinar tools like Demio
- Ability to code and deploy with our front end component libraries in React and .JS using Netlify or similar frameworks
What you’ll be doing…
- Guide new potential customers struggling with their initial basic setup and implementation
- Build and deliver custom demonstrations which focus on key business drivers and functional requirements for potential customers
- Collaborate with Account Executives in the production of sales proposals that outline Search.io differentiators and maintaining ownership of technical RFIs and RFPs
- Work closely with our product management team to convey customer requirements and review roadmap items
- Assist with the support and ongoing development of Search.io demonstration environments, including examples of custom development and integrations with 3rd party applications
- Keep abreast of relevant search & e-commerce industry trends
As well as being rewarded with a competitive salary and share options, you will be joining a small and close-knit team where the happiness of employees matters. Flexible working hours and arrangements, allowances for learning and growth, and a relaxed and fun atmosphere make working here feel less like work. We also have some very competitive Mario Kart players in our ranks!
More about Search.io
We are a San Francisco / Sydney based start-up looking to humanize the connection between people and information. To do that, we completely re-thought how search technology is built and by making advanced search and machine learning technologies easier to use than ever before. Developers can now implement search capabilities in a matter of days instead of months and help their products and organizations to distill better business results. No prior search knowledge required. You could almost say… batteries included!
This year we are looking to double the size of our team. Join us on our journey and help us accelerate our growth in an exciting market at the forefront of technology.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Search.io is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Search.io does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Get started today.