Senior Principal Software Engineer
Have you had good search experiences and bad search experiences? Do the bad ones drive you crazy? Do the good ones make you want to tell a friend? We’re reinventing search from the ground up to give every organization the ability to deliver incredible site search results, and we’re looking for a Principal Engineer to help multiply our core-engine-engineering capability and maturity. This includes Driving advancements in our Core-Search-Engine and evolving the overall Architecture at Search.io.
Why join Search.io?
- Get in early at one of the most promising startups in the country.
- Join a tech company that values a healthy work/life balance while still getting things done.
- Get more done in three months than in an entire year working for a large corporation.
- See the impact of your work on millions of users as we power the search experience of major companies and governments around the globe, including catch.com.au, nsw.gov.au, unity.com, sennheiser.com, and lockheedmartin.com.
- Get the opportunity to dive deep into machine learning and search, solving complex problems with the latest technologies.
- Join an extremely talented team of individuals coming from Google, Facebook, Atlassian, Freelancer …
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options).
What you’ll be doing
As a principal engineer, you will be:
- Helping to identify, define, design, and implement experiences for our customers and their customers.
- Working with our product team to help craft the experiences we deliver to our customers
- Driving and collaborating with the rest of the engineering team on how we are building and evolving Search.io’s search platform.
- Fostering a pragmatic approach to how we work as a software development team.
- Not only delivering features but looking for clear gaps and solving for those problems … we really are at heart looking for product engineers.
What you’ll bring
- You will have a strong depth of knowledge in software engineering fundamentals, while also having extensive experience building scalable, modular cloud-based architectures.
- Experience working with engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity.
- Proven collaboration skills, with the ability to inspire and drive change across multiple teams and crafts (e.g. design, product and engineering).
- Experience in developing and working with modern frontend component frameworks.
- Experience with continuous delivery (e.g. progressive deployments, feature toggles and experimentation)
- Enjoyment of being a 'multipier' and sharing knowledge with teammates, and working collaboratively when others or you need help!
- You will have a depth of practical experience in backend development, in particular with the Go ecosystem.
- Experience in integrating with frontend of web technologies using approaches like GraphQL.
- Practical knowledge working with native cloud architectures of medium-to-large scope and complexity that can scale.
- You have the ability to inspire and drive change across multiple teams and crafts (e.g. design, product and engineering).
- Humility, we don’t expect you to know everything! Knowing when to ask for help and to learn from the team is an important skill.Expertise in frontend performance metrics and monitoring.
Launched in 2017, we spent the first couple of years building an entirely new search engine from the ground up while growing a profitable business. While the first few years were focused on enabling companies to create smart search experiences for their websites, our next horizon is to do the same in the ecommerce space and beyond.
We’ve got an amazing foundation, grand plans and we hope you’ll join us on this exciting journey.
Please forward your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you got all the way to here, thank you. If you aren't sure that you fit all the above criteria perfectly, please reach out to us anyway, we would love to chat. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're as interested in your character as in your talent.
Get started today.