About the job
Search.io is looking for a passionate Sales Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in our growth by helping convert prospects into closed sales.
Each of us engages with 10 or more search technologies per day. But most search experiences fall well below the standards set by Google and Amazon.
We’re here to change that. We’re on a mission to enable every organization to build smart search and discover experiences.
Search.io is a search platform for websites and e-commerce stores. Built from the ground up, with machine learning at the core, we eliminate the need for specialist search engineers by giving developers the tools they need to create smart search solutions in days instead of months.
Thousands of sites around the world are using Search.io to implement hyper-relevant search that delivers results to their bottom line.
Why Join Search.io?
- Get in early at one of the most promising startups in the country.
- Join a tech company that values a healthy work/life balance while still getting things done.
- Get more done in three months than in an entire year working for a large corporation.
- No politics!
- See the impact of your work on millions of users as we power the search experience of major companies and governments around the globe, including canva.com, unity.com, sennheiser.com, lockheedmartin.com and catch.com.au.
- Get the opportunity to work closely with machine learning and solve complex problems with the latest technologies.
- Join an extremely talented team of individuals coming from Atlassian, Google, Freelancer…
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Explaining and demonstrating the benefits of Search.io search technology to sales prospects.
- Building and delivering custom demonstrations which focus on key business drivers and functional requirements for potential customers.
- Collaborating with Account Executives in the production of sales proposals that outline Search.io differentiators and maintaining ownership of technical RFIs and RFPs.
- Working closely with our product management team to meet customer needs.
- Assisting with the support and ongoing development of Search.io demonstration environments, including examples of custom development and integrations with 3rd party applications.
What You’ll Bring
- 2-4+ years experience in a pre-sales or customer-facing technical position for a SaaS or software company.
- Familiarity with front and back-end web development, including HTML, CSS, JS, React, Rest APIs and Github.
- Ability to work with, and manipulate, various data structures including JSON, CSV and XML.
- Experience configuring and delivering software demonstrations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with an ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- A high level of comfort in the dynamic atmosphere of a small technical startup - you can build processes and fill gaps as well as execute on your core role.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet.
- A results-oriented approach which balances personal ownership with teamwork and collaboration.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to customer sites, trade shows, etc. as needed.
- E-commerce industry experience - familiarity with key commerce platforms/PIMs e.g. Shopify, BigCommerce, CommerceTools, Magento.
Launched in 2017, we spent the first couple of years building an entirely new search engine from the ground up while growing a profitable business. While the first few years were focused on enabling companies to create smart search experiences for their websites, our next horizon is to do the same in the ecommerce space and beyond.
We’ve got an amazing foundation, grand plans and we hope you’ll join us on this exciting journey.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search.io is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sajari does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Get started today.