Customer Success Engineer
Search.io, a leading SaaS search-as-a-service technology, is looking for another inspired, curious, and driven person.
With customers like Lockheed Martin, Sennheiser, Unity, the Australian Government, and Catch.com.au we already have a great foundation, but we are looking for you to help us accelerate our growth even further. If you thrive on innovation and working with people that will challenge you, you’re probably a good fit for us.
The Customer Success Engineer will play a critical role in delivering for our customers and converting prospects into closed sales.
Site search is one of the fastest-growing areas in on-demand cloud services and you will play a key part in further establishing Search.io as a pioneer and leader in this space.
We are looking for you to become the resident subject matter specialist on Search.io and the products we integrate with. You will be providing precise, timely support to all our customers and work closely with high-profile customers to help them deliver on their search projects. You will also partner with Account Executives in qualifying new sales opportunities from a technical and product feature perspective. You will also present technical solutions and demonstrate the Sajari platform in face-to-face meetings and via Web conference tools.
The successful candidate will bring technical savviness to demonstrations and coordinate the technical resources needed to drive a sale, both internally and externally. You will act as an active liaison between the sales team and other departments of Search.io like marketing, product, and engineering, communicating the evolving customer requirements in our marketplace.
What we’re ideally looking for…
- 2-4+ years experience in a technical support, customer success, technical pre-sales or other customer-facing technical positions for a SaaS or software company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience configuring and delivering software demonstrations.
- A high level of comfort in the dynamic atmosphere of a small technical startup with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think on one’s feet.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of front and back-end web development.
- Familiarity with REST APIs.
- Familiarity with Github.
- A results-oriented approach which balances personal ownership with teamwork and collaboration.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to customer sites, trade shows, etc. as needed.
Nice to have…
- Ecommerce industry experience and related platforms like Shopify, Neto, Bigcommerce, etc
- Experience selling B2B software solutions into targeted accounts.
- Experience working with product managers and software engineers in an agile environment.
- Experience writing and creating documentation and support content.
What you’ll be doing…
- Providing technical support to our customers.
- Developing documentation and guides to ensure our customers are able to easily build amazing search experiences.
- Guiding new and potential customers with their initial setup and implementation.
- Building and delivering custom demonstrations for potential customers, focusing on key business drivers and functional requirements.
- Collaborating with Account Executives in the production of sales proposals that outline Search.io differentiators and maintaining ownership of technical RFIs and RFPs.
- Working closely with our product management team to convey customer requirements to assist with the prioritisation of roadmap items.
- Assisting with the support and ongoing development of Search.io demonstration environments, including examples of custom development and integrations with 3rd party applications.
As well as being rewarded with a competitive salary and share options, you will be joining a small and close-knit team where the happiness of employees matters. Flexible working hours and arrangements, allowances for learning and growth, and a relaxed and fun atmosphere make working here feel less like work. We also have some very competitive Mario Kart players in our ranks!
More about Search.io
We are a San Francisco / Sydney based start-up enabling every organization to create smart search experiences. To do that, we completely re-thought how search technology is built and by making advanced search and machine learning technologies easier to use than ever before. Developers can now implement search capabilities in a matter of days instead of months and help their products and organizations to distill better business results. No prior search knowledge required. You could almost say… batteries included!
This year we are looking to double the size of our team. Join us on our journey and help us accelerate our growth in an exciting market at the forefront of technology. Please note that we can currently only accept candidates legally authorized to work in either the Australia or the United States for this role.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Search.io is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Search.io does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.